Canberra Knee Clinic
CKC COVID-19 Directives
22nd NOVEMBER, 2021:
In alignment with the updated advice from the ACT Government, please see the following guidelines for COVID-19 safety within our office.
At the time of your appointment, please adhere to the following:
- Call our office office on 6225 7410 to confirm there is space in the waiting room for you to sit safely.
- Upon entry to the rooms, please use the Check in CBR app via the QR codes located around the room. If you do not have a mobile phone, we can manually check you into the rooms.
- Please sanitise your hands on entry to Canberra Knee Clinic.
- Be prepared to have your temperature checked by one of our reception staff members.
- We are practising social distancing in our waiting area, please ensure you are sitting in seats marked safe.
- Please bring a pair of shorts (or similar) to your appointment with Dr Klar, so that he can do a physical assessment of your knee.
- At this time, wearing masks in our rooms is not mandatory.
- If you have been identified as a close, casual, or secondary contact, please do not attend the clinic. Please call reception on 6225 7410 and we can reschedule that appointment.
If you are unwell, please do not attend your appointment. Especially if you are suffering from any of the following symptoms, even if mild:
– Fever, chills or night sweats
– Shortness of breath
– Loss of smell
– Loss of taste
– Any other COVID-19 symptoms: sore throat, fatigue, runny nose, muscle pain, joint pain, diarrhoea, nausea/vomiting, lose of appetite.
Please do not attend your appointment if you have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or if you have returned from or were at any of the locations listed on the ACT Health website during the specified times.
If you have any other queries:
Elective Knee Surgery has recommenced.
After careful review of procedures and easing of restrictions on elective surgery from the Chief Medical Officer, Canberra Knee Clinic is once again delivering knee surgery. We are welcoming back patients to our practice and have new processes in place to ensure that the highest health precautions are implemented from your consultation, to your operation and through to your recovery and rehab.
So if you have been staying at home and living in pain – now is the time to help yourself and get your knee fixed.
Recover better at home.
As part of our new COVID-safe process, we have implemented a new recovery protocol for our patients undergoing a knee replacement using a customised rehab app. All patients in our program will receive their rehab exercises via a smart watch and mobile phone rehab package allowing our patients to complete their rehab in the comfort and safety of their own home. This package allows you to communicate with us via direct messaging during business hours and for us to monitor your rehab remotely. This combination of reminders, instructional rehab videos and prompts, together with access to our clinical staff and remote monitoring of your progress, means that we can get you out of hospital quicker. By so doing we are getting you back into the most COVID-safe environment there is – your own home.
Instructions: How COVIU Telehealth Works
Access instructions and information about COVIU
Patient Advice: Managing Knee Pain and Arthritis
Access information about how you can manage knee pain and symptoms.