COVIU Telehealth ConsultationsCanberra Knee Clinic are using COVIU - our compliant and secure telehealth system to keep in touch with our patients.
How COIVU Telehealth Consults Work
Ensure that you have access to a computer, laptop, tablet or phone with a camera and internet connection.
You will receive emails with:
- Intake forms to complete
- Access to your Coviu telehealth appointment
A few minutes before your appointment click on the link to your appointment (accessed from your email) and wait for Dr Klar to enter the Telehealth appointment.
- Telehealth appointment with Dr Brendan Klar
- Discussion of your knee problem
- Review of your general health
- Review of your X-Ray and MRI
- Formulate a management plan for your knee
You will be contacted by one of the reception staff prior to your appointment to pre-pay.
- Knee/urgent appointments: $150
- Review appointments: $90
- Follow up (post-surgery + 4 months): $50
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I receive a Medicare rebate?
Unfortunately, at this time Medicare does not offer rebates for online appointments. Canberra Knee Clinic has taken that on board and reduced our fee by more than the Medicare rebate during this time so that patients are not disadvantaged.
Can I claim through Private Health Insurance?
Private health does not cover consultations with specialist doctors (telehealth or face-to-face).
What will I need for a Telehealth appointment?
- Internet connection or data on your mobile phone
- A computer, laptop or phone that has a camera and microphone
- Access to Google Chrome on the computer/laptop
Make an Appointment
Make an appointment online for a consultation at
Canberra Knee Clinic.