- We only collect relevant health information with your consent. We do this by requesting that you complete a patient information form which includes information about your personal medical history.
- Use and/or disclosure of your personal health information is only made to enable us to provide you with the highest quality of care related to your medical condition. Transfers or disclosure of information only occurs after Dr
Klar personally initiates, notes and signs transfer/disclosure or authorizes a delegated staff member to do so. This disclosure will only include necessary information. We do not disclose your personal health information to a third
party without your prior consent.
- The personal health information that we collect use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We may request confirmation of information from you, periodically.
- Only authorized personnel have access to personal health information
• All staff have signed a confidentiality agreement
• Our computers are password protected with a user ID and password
• The network connection is protected by a firewall
• Hard copies and backup copies of personal health information are not accessible to unauthorized person
• Faxes, printers, documents etc are in an area that is not readily accessible to unauthorized persons
• Records taken outside the practice eg Laptops and back up media is securely carried and stored in a secure offsite location
• Digital recordings sent to external transcription services are data encrypted.
• Destruction of files are undertaken by shredding in-house or by an offsite security shredding company.
- Your health information is accessible to yourself whenever you request it. If you believe your health information is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please discuss with Dr Klar so that steps can be taken to correct the
inaccuracies. Individual medical records will be retained for a minimum of 10 years from the date of last contact, or until you reach the age of 25 years, whichever is longer.
- Your Medicare number and/or Department of Veterans Affairs numbers are not used as patient identifiers at this practice but only used for the purposes for which they were provided by the Commonwealth Government.
If you believe there has been a breach of privacy regarding the information we collect and hold about you, please contact us. Enquiries and complaints should be addressed to Dr B Klar at 9/70 Kent Street DEAKIN ACT 2600 or please call (02)
CKC – Updated July 2020