We only collect relevant health information with your consent. We do this by requesting that you complete a patient information form which includes information about your personal medical history.
- Use and/or disclosure of your personal health information is only made to enable us to provide you with the highest quality of care related to your medical condition. Transfers or disclosure of information only occurs after Dr
Klar personally initiates, notes and signs transfer/disclosure or authorises a delegated staff member to do so. This disclosure will only include necessary information. We do not disclose your personal health information to a third
party without your prior consent.
- The personal health information that we collect use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We may request confirmation of information from you, periodically.
- Only authorised personnel have access to personal health information
• All staff have signed a confidentiality agreement
• Our computers are password protected with a user ID and password
• The network connection is protected by a firewall
• Hard copies and backup copies of personal health information are not accessible to unauthorized person
• Faxes, printers, documents etc are in an area that is not readily accessible to unauthorized persons
• Records taken outside the practice eg Laptops and back up media is securely carried and stored in a secure offsite location
• Digital recordings sent to external transcription services are data encrypted.
• Destruction of files are undertaken by shredding in-house or by an offsite security shredding company.
- Your health information is accessible to yourself whenever you request it. If you believe your health information is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please discuss with Dr Klar so that steps can be taken to correct the
inaccuracies. Individual medical records will be retained for a minimum of 10 years from the date of last contact, or until you reach the age of 25 years, whichever is longer.
- Your Medicare number and/or Department of Veterans Affairs numbers are not used as patient identifiers at this practice but only used for the purposes for which they were provided by the Commonwealth Government.
This Privacy Statement is made on behalf of Canberra Knee Clinic and all references to ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ in this statement are references to Canberra Knee Clinic.
Protecting your information is important
Canberra Knee Clinic understands the importance you attach to information that identifies you (your ‘personal information’) and wants to help you protect it. We want you to be able to deal with us in full confidence that your personal information will only be dealt with by us in the ways we have described to you and that it will be held securely.
This Privacy Statement tells you how we collect information when you visit this site, what we do with that information and how you can gain access to personal information held by us.
Collection of Information through the Website
Canberra Knee Clinic collects information about you each time you come to any part of the Canberra Knee Clinic website. We also collect information regarding the last site you visited before coming to the Canberra Knee Clinic website. This information is collected for statistical analysis to continually improve the Canberra Knee Clinic services and website and no attempt is made by Canberra Knee Clinic to identify the user. This information is also used to remarket to website visitors through the Google AdWords Display Network.
What information we collect about you and what we do with it
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website
(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
- To advertise our services and products to you through the Google Ads Display network and/or the Facebook Ads network, using remarketing. This may be facilitated using a Pixel (or related tool provided by the network) to anonymously connect our website to their platform, or via providing the network with an encrypted identifier.
The email address you provide may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your enquiry, in addition to receiving occasional news, updates or service information, etc. If you subscribe to receive updates from us, your email address may be used to provide relevant advertising to you.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
When you send a message to Canberra Knee Clinic
If you submit information to us either using an electronic form or application or by sending an email, we collect that information and use it for the purposes that you have provided it. For example, if you send us an email requesting information on one of the Canberra Knee Clinic services, we will use the information to respond to your enquiry. Your details will not be used to add to a general mailing list, or to advertise to you, without your prior consent.
What is a Cookie and what are they used for?
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
To improve the user experience of this website and help ensure that our content is relevant, we use Fullstory and Hotjar to provide anonymised information about how you use our site. This includes the pages you look at and how the mouse interacts with the page. More information can be found on the FullStory website – external and Hotjar website – external. You can opt out of Hotjar directly here. You can opt out of Fullstory here.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Access to Your Personal Information
You may request details of the personal information that Canberra Knee Clinic holds about you, by writing or contacting Canberra Knee Clinic at any time. Canberra Knee Clinic will not deny you access to any personal information following a request for access without providing you with a reason for such a denial. We rely on the accuracy of the information you provide to us. If you think that we hold information about you that is incorrect in any way, or out of date, or you simply want to notify us of something new, please send us an email at email@example.com indicating that your information is incorrect.
Updating your Personal Information
If you are aware that any of your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date following a request for access, or because your circumstances have changed, please inform Canberra Knee Clinic so that we can update your records. Canberra Knee Clinic will not refuse to make a correction without providing you with a reason for the refusal. If Canberra Knee Clinic refuses to make a correction, reasonable steps will be taken to place with the disputed information a statement from you claiming that the disputed information in your opinion is not accurate.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
This information relates to our current privacy standards. We may vary our privacy standards from time to time. We will notify you of these changes by publishing them on this web site – we will not separately notify you of these changes.
If you have any comments or suggestions regarding our web site or this privacy statement please contact us here https://canberrakneeclinic.com.au.
If you believe there has been a breach of privacy regarding the information we collect and hold about you, please contact us. Enquiries and complaints should be addressed to Dr B Klar at 9/70 Kent Street DEAKIN ACT 2600 or please call (02) 62257410.
CKC – Updated August 2020